Terms and Conditions for Delegates, Exhibitors and Sponsors at the 2nd AIRS International Conference on Genomics and Microbiomics (AICGM2019)
Barcelona, 31st of May to 1st of June, 2019.
1. Your registration constitutes an offer to AIRS to attend the AICGM2019. All registrations are subject to acceptance by AIRS which will be confirmed in writing by email or paper. A contract between AIRS and you will only be formed when this confirmation is sent to you (whether or not it is received) provided that if confirmation is not sent within 14 days of us receiving your registration, it will be deemed to be confirmed unless we notify you otherwise. AIRS reserves the right to refuse to accept any registration.
2. By effective payment of the selected offer the exhibitor/sponsor agrees in a binding way to the following arrangements:
- Exhibitor rents from AIRS at the offered price the stand with the stand number selected to be provided in the Foyer at the Hesperia Tower Hotel to be used for his own purpose during the conference days. The stand is equipped as in the description of the offer and in the exhibitor/sponsoring prospectus which available by download from the website. The stand is placed according to the floor plan shown on the website.
- For sponsoring items the sponsor is guaranteed a production and provisioning in time at the conference site as described and selected by the offer. If a sponsoring packages includes speaker slots, the approval of AIRS is required, before the speaker can be accepted.
- Sponsors and exhibitors provide AIRS with relevant pre-conference marketing material asap after ordering a stand or sponsoring items. This includes text material, photo in high resolution and print quality. Sponsor and exhibitors agree to a link exchange of their website with AIRS and announce their participation at the AICGM asap after ordering which includes setting a link to the conference website.
- AIRS will include exhibitors and sponsors in the industry guide as offered accordingly without additional fees. All necessary digital material in association with this needs to be sent to AIRS asap, but latest by 15th April 2019.
- The Exhibitor has the right to use the WLAN net in the congress area for free.
- The stands can be build earliest by 4 pm on the 30th and works need to be finished by 7 pm latest on the 30th. In case the hotel sets other times for this they will be binding as well. Final information in regards to changes of this time slot are given 24 hours in advance. The stands need to be dismantled latest by 8 pm on the 1st June 2019, but not earlier than 5:30 pm the same day. The assembling of an adequate booth solely falls within the responsibility of the Exhibitor.
- Exhibitor/stand owners are refunded with 50 % of payments in case of cancellation until 20th of February 2019. Refunding of payments is 25% in case of cancellation until 20th of March 2019. After this date no refunding is possible in case of cancellation. A withdrawal from this agreement is not possible at a later time.
- If Exhibitor or stand owner does not withdraw from the Agreement by the point of time specified under paragraph (2 g) and if he does not install the booth either, a contractual penalty incurs amounting to an additional 500 € to the due rent for the booth. The contractual penalty is based upon the fact that such a behaviour jeopardizes the congress performance altogether.
- A cancellation of sponsoring packages is not possible, since the production of sponsor benefits is associated with expenses for the conference producer immediately after booking.
- The details of the stand must comply with the legal regulations imposed by the local authorities. Inspection and approval is carried out by the organizer in cooperation with the Hesperia Hotel. The stand owner shall contact the organizer in due time to discuss the details of his stand planning. Operations of audio systems which are louder than the normal laptop loud speakers are not permitted. Products which fit from the size are allowed to be displayed. Stand owners can place rollups behind their stand, being not larger than 1,80 m x 1,20 m. Extra storage for replacement materials need to be requested beforehand and negotiated in case for extra fee with the hotel. AIRS helps to organize this.
- The tables provided come with a blanket in the dimensions H 75 x W 45 x L 180 cm. For a regular stand one table, for an 8 sqm stand two and three for the 12 sqm stand.
- Stand owner ensure to have their own public liability insurance against damages in connection with the operations of their stand.
3. Payments for the AICGM2019 which are not mediated by the website shop system but made instead by bank transfer based on email orders must be received in full by AIRS in accordance with AIRS payment terms within 7 working days received at the accounts of AIRS after invoicing.
4. Payments made for registration of participants need to be effective not later than 48 hours before the 30th of May. Registrations later than that can only be made onsite in cash or personal credit card at the registration desk.
5. If payment in full is not received before the AICGM takes place, AIRS reserves the right at its sole discretion and without liability either to require payment as a condition of entry to the AICGM or to refuse the entry. No refunds of any proportion of fees already paid whichever amount will be made and any balance of the fees will remain due and payable where entry to AICGM2019 is refused under this condition 5.
6. AIRS reserves the right to change the prices for attendance at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by AIRS.
7. Registrations cancelled after confirmation by AIRS but more than 7 days before the AICGM are subject to a 180 € administration charge. Registration fees for registrations cancelled 7 days or less before the AIRS must be paid in full. If you fail to attend the conference, the full fees remain payable and no refunds will be given. AIRS reserves the right due to any reason to cancel any registration after confirmation in which case all fees paid will be refunded. You acknowledge that the refund of registration fees is your sole remedy in the case of cancellation of your registration by AIRS and all other liability is expressively excluded.
8. Your registration may be transferred after approval by AIRS to other attendants which you may suggest. You may not purchase registrations as agent for any third party or sell or otherwise transfer your registration to others or exploit the registration commercially or non-commercially in any way. AIRS reserves the right at any time to change the format, participants, content, location and timing or any other aspect of the AICGM2019, in each case without liability.
9. AIRS reserves the right to postpone or cancel an AICGM2019 without liability at any time for any reason whether or not due to causes beyond its reasonable control. Where an AICGM2019 is postponed, your registration will be valid for the postponed AICGM2019. You will not be entitled to a refund in the case of postponement or cancellation of the AICGM2019 by AIRS in case the reasons for cancellation cannot be controlled by AIRS (pandemia, environmental, civil catastrophies, war, other higher forces). In case there will be compensation to AIRSby third parties due to such higher forces, the compensation will be shared in relation to the losses in equal shares.
10. AIRS reserves the right without liability to refuse admission to, or to eject from the AICGM2019, any person in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who in the opinion of AIRS represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the conference. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by AIRS or the venue owners at the AICGM2019. AIRS obliges itself not to exclude attendants for reasons of nationality, gender, race, disability, religion. Individuals below the age of 18 years are not entitled to participate in the convention.
11. All unauthorised photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is expressly prohibited. You consent to filming and sound recording and photography as a delegate and you consent to the use by AIRS of any such recording or photography any where in the world for promotional, marketing and other purposes.
12. The personal information which you provide to us will be held by us confidentially on a database and may be used to approach you in the future for similar events. You may at any time notify in written that you refuse to use these data for further or future information about AIRS events.
13. AIRS excludes all liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property during the conference. All indemnities, warranties, terms and conditions (whether express or implied) are excluded. AIRS accepts no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever that you may suffer in connection with or arising from the AICGM2019 whether direct, indirect or consequential (including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of business) or any other type of economic loss) or otherwise. If AIRS is liable to you for any reason, AIRS’s total liability to you in relation to the AICGM2019 (whether under these terms or conditions or otherwise) is limited to the amount of the registration fees paid by you to AIRS. The limitations and exclusions only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law.
14. AIRS reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time and you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time you submit your registration.
15. These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of Basel and such federal laws of Switzerland applicable in Zurich and disputes under or in connection with them shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Zurich.
16. Disclaimer for Leisure Activities notice. You should consider carefully whether you will be able to participate fully in the leisure activities offered as part of the visitor program. AIRS warns that some activities may be physically demanding or carry inherent dangers. You accept that it is entirely your responsibility to decide whether participation in any activity in the delegate program is appropriate to your capabilities, aptitude, fitness and health, and it is also your responsibility to observe all safety requirements and instructions that you may be given in relation to such activities. To the extent permitted by law, neither AIRS nor its officer or employees will accept any liability whatsoever for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, whether due to negligence or any other cause, arising from participation in any part of the visitor program, including but not limited to activities outside the conference or exhibition. In the case of death or personal injury, the liability of AIRS and its officers and employees is limited accordingly.
Basel, the 27th November, 2018